PUBLIC NOTICE - Sale by Sealed Bids
Sale by Sealed Bids
The City Council of the City of Whiteville will accept sealed bids for the purchase of the following personal property:
House structure only, located at 309 South Madison Street in Whiteville, NC 28472
For Reference Purposes Only
Tax Property Number 1811 Pin Number 0281.04-90-7038.000
Conditions to the Sale:
- 1. Only the house, on this property, is being offered for sale through sealed bids; other structures on the property are not eligible to be included in the buyer’s bid.
- 2. Sale of this house does not include the real property on which the house is situated. The buyer must move or disassemble the structure for the purpose of relocation in order to remove the structure from the lot.
- 3. The house must be removed from the lot within forty-five (45) days of the Notice of Bid Award to the buyer.
- 4. The buyer is responsible for obtaining all necessary permits needed to move or disassembling the house for relocation.
- 5. The buyer is not responsible for clearing the lot after moving the house or disassembling the house for relocation.
- 6. A bid deposit is not required.
- 7. House structure being sold in its “as is” condition and without warranty.
Sealed bids may be submitted to the office of the City Clerk, Mrs. Bonnie Williams at 24 Hill Plaza, Whiteville, NC 28472 no later than 1:59 pm on Thursday, March 30, 2017. Sealed bids will be opened in Council Chambers on Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 2:00 pm. The Whiteville City Council reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Inquiries regarding the sale may be directed to the City Clerk at 910-642-8046. Inquiries regarding permits or to view/inspect the house may be directed to the Building Inspector (Mr. Kyle Duncan) at 910-640-1380.
This notice is published in accordance with NCGS 160A-268.
Bonnie Williams, City Clerk